About this blog

If you're looking for me to brag about how cute my kids are (which they are) or talk about how much weight I did or didn't lose this week, you are in the wrong place! I have a Facebook account for that. This blog is about the blunt truths of parenting, tips and tricks of the trade, some addicting mommy junk and all the other disgusting hilarity that ensues when you have kids...especially two kids only 12 months apart like myself.

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26

Bubbi and bugs

Bubbi has always been my nastier child. She eats things like sand and shoved things in her nose.

A few days ago, Bubbi ran up to me shouting, "SEE!! SEE!! SEE!!" and very proudly showed me a live freaking bumble bee! Thank god my mommy's helper was right next to me and calmly saved the day. She just took it from Bubbi and disposed of it humanely or something.

Yesterday, Bubbi again ran up to hand me something. This time she said "yucky mom." I began to reach my hand out then saw that it was a "dead" spider! Being the awesome mom that I am, I quickly smacked it out of her hand. Then the "dead" spider started to scury away!!!

OMGGGGGGG! No freaking way? WTF is wrong with her?

I quickly smashed it with my flip flop then ran for a paper towel to pick it up while both kids laid down on their tummies to get a closer look at the villain.
Really? My girl is the bug catching creeper? I was opening to have bypassed that kid since Boo hasn't shown much interest. Guess I'll be checking Bubbi's pockets for frogs.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

My 18-month old sings ... 'bringing home my baby bumble bee'

I hope it's not a premonition of things to come!